The VENUE PAGES is happy to promote the ONS GENOT COUNTRY LODGE to our discerning readers who are looking for that quiet, peaceful, intimate country retreat in the most sought after area along the Bottelary Wine route of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape.
ABOUT THE VENUE
Ons Genot Country Lodge is a luxury country retreat situated on the famous Bottelary Wine route of Stellenbosch, between Hartenberg Wine Estate and Devon Vale Golf Estate.
From this central location, guests may explore the Cape, play golf and enjoy the unique wines of the region.
9 en-suite rooms, all with bath and shower are equipped with a mini bar, TV, safe, telephone, hair dryer, Aircon, a private terrace and all rooms are accessorised in the standard of International Guest Houses.
Rooms are varied and sub-divided into 4 categories:
- 2 standard, comfortable, budget rooms, with ceiling fan, bath room with bath and shower and a terrace.
- 5 Comfort rooms, fitted with Air-Con, bathroom with bath and shower, private terrace and access to the swimming pool or garden.
- 1 Luxury suite, which is very spacious with air-con, bathroom with bath and shower, private terrace with garden
- 1 honeymoon suite, which is a duplex offering a spacious, luxury bedroom with air-con and a Canopy bed while downstairs offers a cosy lounge and bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower. This suite also has a private terrace and is situated alongside the swimming pool.
- Swimming in a pristine, clear pool
- Golf at the neighbouring Golf Course
- Scenic walks through a magnificent garden or through the neighbouring vineyards
- Hike to the top of the Bottelary Hills and enjoy stunning views over the Stellenbosch area.
- The Ons Genot restaurant offers a la carte traditional cuisine.
- Conference/ business facilities able to accommodate up to 20 delegates in conference in a fully equipped conference venue.
- A WiFi hotspot and ADSL internet-connected PC is permanently available to all guests, at no extra charge.
- The owners of Ons Genot speak German, French, English, Dutch and Afrikaans and are therefore a home-from-home to European and local visitors alike
- Visit the famous wine estates next door.
- Visit Stellenbosch Town with a myriad antique and gift shops, restaurants and sidewalk cafes, art galleries and museums.
- Play golf on the several international golf courses nearby.
- Ons Genot will arrange car rental at the best prices.
- Airport or city shuttles
- Laundry or Dry-cleaning
- Historic Stellenbosch centre (10 min)
- Vineyards (next door)
- Golf Courses (1 next door, 15 10-45 min)
- Beach (30-60 min)
- Cape Town International Airport (30 min)
- Franschhoek (25 min)
- Whale watching in Hermanus (1 hour)
- Cape Town Waterfront (30 min)
- Cape Of Good Hope (1 hour)
- Nature reserve, hiking and mountain biking (next door)
This article on Ons Genot Country Lodge is brought to you in the interests of hospitality at its best and to further promote some of the finest venues in South Africa.